Celebrating a very successful (SOLD OUT) First Annual ArtStart Farm to Table Dinner
Ben and I had the honor of photographing Art Start’s first Farm to Table event last week! This fabulous event took place at The McLaughlin Family Farm just outside of Rhinelander, set against a backdrop of rolling fields dotted with cattle, a western barn festooned in white lights, rows of vibrant tables lined with freshly harvested vegetables & bright napkins, and guests were greeted by some of the friendliest horses around… and even a miniature donkey to boot!
Guests arrived in the earlier evening to sounds of live Jazz music, hazy smoke drifting through the air, carrying the smells of Chef Salvatore’s grilled creations. The Farm to Table Menu consisted of all locally sourced products from sustainable farms & producers in the area.
How about this for a Menu!!?? (And let me tell you, we got to enjoy the dinner, and it was FANTASTIC!): Fresh Melon with Goat Cheese, Beet & Carrot Salad, Tomato & Corn Salad with Chanterelle Butter, Fire Roasted Peppers with Herbs, Pork Fried Potatoes with Aged Sharp Cheddar Cheese, New Premium Cuts of Grass Fed Beef with Garlic and Thyme, Beef Shank Osso Buco, Grilled Herbed Chicken, Baked Maple Custard, Berries and Maple Sugar Brulee, Tap Beer on Site, Red & White Wines.
A huge thanks to all of the Farmers, Local Producers, and many Volunteers who made this event possible.
- Jim & Pat McLaughlin and family – Farm Host and Owner of McLaughlin Family Farms www.wisconsin-grass-fed-beef.com
- Chef Salvatore Friedel & Chef Carlos Ortiz
- Jenny and Brendan Tuckey – EverGood Farm www.evergoodfarm.com
- Dustin and Susan Bronson – Orange Dog Farm www.orangedogfarm.com
- Bill Summers – Tribute Brewing Co www.tributebrewing.com
- Brenda Orourke – Rhinelander Brewing www.rhinelanderbrewery.com
- Program and Operations Director at ArtStart – Ashley McLaughlin www.artstartrhinelander.org
- Volunteer Event Coordinator Jessica Lapachin – Joe’s Pasty Shop www.ilovepasties.com
- Design Team: Kathy Smith, Colleen Finn, and Windsong www.moesong.com
- Board member and volunteer – Elaine Strite and husband John
- Thank you to the Servers, Bar Tenders, and Parking attendants
- Musicians – Dave Hastings and Cully Swanson
It really was a magical evening… gorgeous weather, perfect farm ambiance, and amazing food! Truly an event full of community. Here’s to the First Annual ArtStart Farm to Table Event! Cheers!